Dried Tomato Flax Crackers with Macadamia Mozzarella is an Italian dish which you can make it easily by using a food dehydrator. And you will enjoy a great, soft and fluffier texture of Mozzarella as well. So lets see how to make it and what are the ingredients required for it.
1. For Crackers:
• 4 cups of golden flax seeds
• Half cup of pecans
• 2 cups of organic sun dried tomatoes
• 4 large cloves of peeled and minced garlic
• 3 tbsp of onion powder
• 2 tbsp of coarse sea salt
• 1 tbsp of Italian Herb
• Pinch of cayenne powder if you want spicy
• 1 tbsp of pure maple syrup
• Half tsp of ground black paper
• Half cup of minced fresh basil
• Half cup of minced parsley
2. For Macadamia Mozzarella
• 1 cup of Macadamia nuts, soaked in water for 5 hours
• Half tsp of probiotic powder
• Half tsp of nutritional yeast
• ¾ cup water
• ¼ tsp of sea salt
• 1 tsp of lemon juice
• The first step is to take a large mixing bowl and soak the flaxseeds with 6 cups of water for half an hour. Soak it until the flax seeds have gelled up.
• Take another bowl and put pecans in it. Add water, which is enough to cover them and soak it for 30 minutes. Put some sun dried tomatoes in a separate bowl and add 1 cup of water in it. Let the tomatoes soak for half an hour as well.
• Blend the soak pecans and tomatoes with their soak water and make a paste.
• Add the thick paste to flax bowl and add all the other ingredients and mix it all by hand. Until all the ingredients mixed properly.
• Then place the material in the trays of dehydrator and spread in the form of thin layer 5 cm thick. Set the temperature at 145 degrees for 2-3 hours. The trays must lined with teflex sheet, when they dry properly break them in pieces using hand or knife.
• Now for making Macadamia Mozzarella, take the soaked macadamia nuts with a little water about ¾ cup and blend it to make it smooth, then add probiotic powder and blend it to mix.
• Then put the mixture in a nut milk bag. Place it in the sink and squeeze it to remove the excess liquid. Then put the milk bag in a sieve and remaining material in a small bowl.
• When the excess liquid is removed completely, then cover it with a tea towel and leave it in a warm place but away from sunlight for 24 hours.
• Then transfer it to the mixing bowl and mix it with yeast, lemon juice and salt.
• Then roll this mixture into Mozzarella balls and enjoy it with sun dried Tomato Flax crackers.
This is little bit lengthy, but you can really enjoy it as it has crunchy crackers with a soft fluffy Mozarella. So make it for your kids and guests. Have fun!