Dehydrators are one of the most popular cooking items in demand right now. They offer a way to make healthy food at home for much less money than it costs to purchase the same products at the grocery store. Snacks made in dehydrators are free of harmful additives and much healthier than processed snacks with mystery ingredients. The Ivation dehydrator strives to offer the best features at a reasonable price and stands out among the many choices on the market today.
- Six Drying Racks: The Ivation is large enough to hold six drying racks. This gives consumers an opportunity to prepare large amounts of food at one time, which will save them money on groceries and snacks.
- Digital Thermostat: The digital thermostat is easy to set. The bright numbers are big enough to be visible from a distance.
- Rear Mounted Fan: The rear mounted fan ensures even drying for all the food within the dehydrator. Air moves freely which means food will be crisp.
- Two Extra Specialty Sheets: Besides the six standard drying sheets, a sheet for drying herbs and a sheet for preparing fruit rolls are included. Being able to add diversity to what is dehydrated is another way consumers will save money with this product.
- Drip Tray: The drip tray collects anything that falls during the dehydrating. It’s easy to clean and will protect the dehydrator from spills and messes.
- The auto-off feature offers peace of mind since cooks don’t have to check constantly to make sure their food isn’t drying out. Plus, the Ivation complies with the US Electrical Safety Regulations.
- The digital controls are easy to use, and the design makes cooking intuitive. With settings ranging from 95 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit, a wide variety of foods can be safely cooked in this product.
- The measurements for this product are generous, so it offers households the opportunity to dehydrate a large quantity of food at one time.
- The fan is not too loud when the dehydrator is on. The noise won’t prohibit anyone from being in the kitchen while the dehydrator is running.
- The see through door makes it easy to look in and check on food progress without having to open the door.
- The price of this dehydrator is extremely reasonable for its size and the amount of food it can hold.
- The exterior stays cool while the dehydrator is working. Regardless of the internal temperature rising, the outside does not heat up to a very high temperature. This creates safety for those in the kitchen while the dehydrator is on.
- There is no instruction manual. While the design does make this dehydrator easy to use, it would be nice to have a manual for trouble shooting or tips. The dehydrator arrives in a box with absolutely no written assistance.
- While the large design allows for more food to be prepared at one time, it also requires a lot of counter space for storage. If this is used in a small kitchen, there won’t be much room on countertops left to use for prep space.
- No drying time sheet is included with this product. One is available for download on the internet, but just like the instruction manual, it’d be nice if this item was simply included with the purchase of the dehydrator.
- The company does not specify whether the trays used in the dehydrator are BPA free. It’s good to know this product complies with electrical safety standards, but it would also be nice to know for sure that all plastic used is free of toxins.
The Ivation food dehydrator allows users to cook everything from jerky to dried herbs. The versatility of this product makes it stand out, especially since it is also affordable. If a kitchen is large enough to accommodate a dehydrator this size, then the Ivation will make an excellent addition.